The Royal residence at Windsor castle will soon be partly powered by a “mini-hydro” plant installed on an existing weir on the River Thames. A mini-hydro plant is a relatively low power generation station, though it does not require a massive dam. The four-turbine installation should power about a third of the castle. It’s an experiment worth watching, and a great example set by those in positions of leadership. The question that remains – could the White House pull this off?
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Windsor Castle to Demonstate Mini-Hydro Power
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials