The Royal residence at Windsor castle will soon be partly powered by a “mini-hydro” plant installed on an existing weir on the River Thames. A mini-hydro plant is a relatively low power generation station, though it does not require a massive dam. The four-turbine installation should power about a third of the castle. It’s an experiment worth watching, and a great example set by those in positions of leadership. The question that remains – could the White House pull this off?
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Windsor Castle to Demonstate Mini-Hydro Power
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk