A while ago we talked about a Prius hack that can yeild mileage performance up to 180mpg, while voiding your warranty. Well, it turns out a regular factory model Prius can break the 100mpg barrier if driven in an extremely obsessive manner. A group of engineers in Pittsburgh did just that recently by using a technique called “Pulse and Glide” which essentially consists of coasting most of the time. Not exactly practical, but it’s amazing to see what’s possible out there! (via Grist)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Factory Model Prius Can Reach 110mpg, Theoretically
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors