Greenbiz reports that La Grange, GA will start selling methane from its landfill to loval businesses. The first deal will sell off 80% of the gas to Milliken Carpet who will use it to offset about 30% of their natural gas needs. The company benefits by reducing its evironmental footprint, and the city can offset property taxes accordingly.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Milliken Carpet to Use Landfill Methane
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk