Greenbiz reports that La Grange, GA will start selling methane from its landfill to loval businesses. The first deal will sell off 80% of the gas to Milliken Carpet who will use it to offset about 30% of their natural gas needs. The company benefits by reducing its evironmental footprint, and the city can offset property taxes accordingly.
« Back to Home Page
Milliken Carpet to Use Landfill Methane
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Jim on Whole Foods GMO Policy Could Hurt Artisan Food Makers
- J_N_Lee on India Makes CSR A Requirement for Companies
- Ryan Honeyman on A Look at the History of the B Corp Movement
- Drew Meyers on A Look at the History of the B Corp Movement
- JoeFarmer on Whole Foods GMO Policy Could Hurt Artisan Food Makers
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think
- What does Local Sourcing mean to HEINEKEN?