Greenbiz reports that La Grange, GA will start selling methane from its landfill to loval businesses. The first deal will sell off 80% of the gas to Milliken Carpet who will use it to offset about 30% of their natural gas needs. The company benefits by reducing its evironmental footprint, and the city can offset property taxes accordingly.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Milliken Carpet to Use Landfill Methane
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials