“To invest in the environment is the best investment to overcome poverty. You cannot solve the water problems without the protection of our forests”. So says United Nations Environment Program head Kalus Toepfer, specifically referring to African nationas and their high rate of poverty. A conference will be held in Nairobi this October on the management of lakes throughout the world, with a mind toward their preservation as critical sources of ever scarcer fresh water.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
UNEP Adivses African Nations to Invest in Environment to Eradicate Poverty
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials