The headline is incredibly simple and obvious (as pointed out on Worldchanging) but companies continue to throw out enormous amounts of material annually. Sometimes the mantra just needs to be repeated – waste=cost. Wired Magazine has a great article showcasing some recent success stories, including Subaru’s “waste free” factory in Indiana. Check it out.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Waste » Inefficiency » Higher Costs » Lower Profits
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials