The headline is incredibly simple and obvious (as pointed out on Worldchanging) but companies continue to throw out enormous amounts of material annually. Sometimes the mantra just needs to be repeated – waste=cost. Wired Magazine has a great article showcasing some recent success stories, including Subaru’s “waste free” factory in Indiana. Check it out.
Waste » Inefficiency » Higher Costs » Lower Profits
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Travis Noland
Chestnut Hill: Nov 17 – Nov 21
Boston College for Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy
Join this intensive 5-month program that blends on-campus instructor-led classes and off-campus, facilitated distance learning. Register here.
- World Bank Releases 2014 Sustainability Report
- Mapping the Future: What to expect from the BoP Roadmap to be published next week
- 4 Things the Trucking Industry is Doing to Be More Green
- The Cost of Conflict Minerals Compliance Discussed
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship Announces 2015 Leadership Academy
- ISBX Cracks INC 5000 For the Second Time