With rising fuel costs, and high burn rates (literally) Airline participation in a carbon reduction program is potentially difficult. Nonetheless, Europe’s airlines have been included in the EU trading plan to cut CO2 emissions. Some airlines, such as British airways welcomed the plan, calling it “environmentally effective and economically efficient”, but others critisized the plan for not addressing road traffic as aggressively. At the momment, it only applies to intra-EU flight, but could be extended to intercontinental flights for all airlines, not just EU-based carriers. (thx Victoria!)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
European Airlines Join EU Trading Program
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk