I was happy to see this article on WBCSD proclaiming that the World Bank is now “urging” green accounting. The article opens by asking “Who is rich and who is poor”, and suggesting (with good reason) that GNP is hardly a real measurement of “richness” and that many new measurements need to be put into place, especially those that take into consideration the problems caused by distribution of wealth, natural resource depletion, and population growth. The risk if this advice is neglected: Knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
“Green” Accounting Getting Attention from World Bank
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk