I was happy to see this article on WBCSD proclaiming that the World Bank is now “urging” green accounting. The article opens by asking “Who is rich and who is poor”, and suggesting (with good reason) that GNP is hardly a real measurement of “richness” and that many new measurements need to be put into place, especially those that take into consideration the problems caused by distribution of wealth, natural resource depletion, and population growth. The risk if this advice is neglected: Knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
“Green” Accounting Getting Attention from World Bank
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials