It may be almost impossible to actually get there, but according to this article, the city of Seattle has “zero waste” in its line up of goals. The idea is to make the use of landfills virtually unnesesary and drastically lower the associated disposal costs to taxpayers. The plan calls for the use of electronic documents, encouragement for manufacturers, “green purchasing”, and community “garage sales”.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Seattle Talking Zero Waste
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials