It may be almost impossible to actually get there, but according to this article, the city of Seattle has “zero waste” in its line up of goals. The idea is to make the use of landfills virtually unnesesary and drastically lower the associated disposal costs to taxpayers. The plan calls for the use of electronic documents, encouragement for manufacturers, “green purchasing”, and community “garage sales”.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Seattle Talking Zero Waste
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors