Solar power is set to become mandatory for multistory buildings in the West Bengal region of India. It’s the first time I’ve seen government mandate such a requirement, and based on what’s in this Calcutta Telegaph article it sound’s like it’s a pretty good idea. Plan backers say that installing solar power will not increase the per-unit price of the housing in question, and it will reduce preasure on India’s power grid, while creating employment at the same time. There is no mention on exactly what percentage of household needs will actually be met by the mandated instalation.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Solar Power Mandated for High Rises in India
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Sustainable Brands Announces ‘How Now’ Theme for SB’15 San Diego Conference, June 1-4, 2015
- Gelfand Partners Architects – A Woman-Owned, Full Service Design Firm
- Access Early Bird Discounts for the International Women’s Day 2015 Forum!
- Motoring Advice: Saving Money and the Environment When Buying a Car
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model
- Wellness Travel: Meeting Consumer Demand & Serving Public Good