Solar power is set to become mandatory for multistory buildings in the West Bengal region of India. It’s the first time I’ve seen government mandate such a requirement, and based on what’s in this Calcutta Telegaph article it sound’s like it’s a pretty good idea. Plan backers say that installing solar power will not increase the per-unit price of the housing in question, and it will reduce preasure on India’s power grid, while creating employment at the same time. There is no mention on exactly what percentage of household needs will actually be met by the mandated instalation.
« Back to Home Page
Solar Power Mandated for High Rises in India
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think
- What does Local Sourcing mean to HEINEKEN?