Adding further clout to the United States’ only marketplace for greenhouse gas emissions, Swiss Re has joined the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX). The exchange is a voluntary system whose aim is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions via a market based trading system. As the world’s largest reinsurer, Swiss RE recognizes the potential impact that climate change may have on society and economy. As a result, joining the CCX makes perfect sense for a company seeking to minimize its long-term risk. (Via Greenbiz)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Swiss Re Joins Chicago Climate Exchange
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors