Citing lagging sales of large SUVs, Ford has killed the massive Excursion product line. The last 19-foot Excursion rolled off the line in Kentucky on Friday. It’s an obvious sign of the times, when lower incomes, combined with high gas prices reduce the demand for massive trucks – but hopefully there’s a little bit of eco-vision mixed in with the decision. Story via Treehugger.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Ford Discontinues Excursion
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials