LOHAS Weekly reports that Levi Strauss has published a list of all contract factories that produce their various branded products. It’s a great way of demonstrating that the company has nothing to hide in terms of workplace compliance issues as well as environmental regulations. It also puts preasure on suppliers, many of whom may operate in countries with poor reputations for high workplace standards, to comply at higher levels. The report can be found here.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Levis Takes Steps Toward Greater Supply Chain Transparency
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials