The Canadian Goods and Services Tax (like a sales tax) does not currently apply to food. A proposal by the Agricultural Institute of Canada proposes that the GST be extended to groceries in order to fund sustainable practices and consequently keep small farms afloat. Is a tax the right way to go about this? The AIC says so, Canadians will decide.
Canada Proposes Sales Tax on Food to Fund Sustainability
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Marissa Rosen
San Francisco: Mar 16 – Mar 18
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – With Discount Code
Cleantech Forum SF is the world’s largest summit for those immersed in sustainability that drives innovation. 3p readers use CFSF153P for $300 discount. Register here.
- WEBINAR: Jaguar Land Rover, The Royal Bam Group & McCain Foods on Sustainable Innovation
- Oliver Russell Forms Social Impact Partnership with Treefort Music Fest
- Webinar: Best Practices in Obesity Prevention
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership