Chiquita has come a long way since the notorious banana-republic days of political and military meddling across Central America. Today, 100% of the company’s farms in Latin America have been certified by the Rainforest Alliance to meet that organizations high standards for conservation, management, and worker compensation. Having completed the certification, “Miss Chiquita” will now be joined with the Rainforest Alliance’s frog logo on bananas sold in Europe. That’s not bad.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Chiquita Launches “Rainforest Alliance Certified” Brand
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials