Chiquita has come a long way since the notorious banana-republic days of political and military meddling across Central America. Today, 100% of the company’s farms in Latin America have been certified by the Rainforest Alliance to meet that organizations high standards for conservation, management, and worker compensation. Having completed the certification, “Miss Chiquita” will now be joined with the Rainforest Alliance’s frog logo on bananas sold in Europe. That’s not bad.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Chiquita Launches “Rainforest Alliance Certified” Brand
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model
- Wellness Travel: Meeting Consumer Demand & Serving Public Good
- New Sustain:Green MasterCard Brings Carbon Reduction Rewards and Sustainability to Everyday Purchases
- ClimateCare: Changing Cooking in Kenya for Good
- Masdar Reveals Winner Of Third International Blogging Contest Themed ’Describe Your City In 2030’
- New Year = New Behaviors. Let’s make 2015 the year we ditch disposables!