The “Bottom of the Pyramid” concept refers to the vast market of people with minimal income individually, but massive market potential if taken as a collective. It’s also associated with sustainability in the sense that serving this market with affordable products can serve to better their lives without deepening their debts, as well as helping to launch better infrastructure, promoting leapfrog technology, and encouraging the growth of small business. CK Prahalad is something of a guru in management strategy and specializes in BOP markets. His advisory firm, The Next Practice, is taking the BOP strategy to the next level and is worth a look to better understand how companies are working with the BOP around the world.
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials