Patagagonia continues to lead the way in sustainable innovation among clothing retailers – they will now even take your dirty underwear in for recycling. That’s right – Patagonia Capilene® garments are capable of being recycled into new garments of equal quality. Since most recycling proceses result in inferior raw materials, this is quite a feat. Despite the processing needed to recycle the garments, and the fact that the material is shipped to Japan, it has still been calculated to be vastly less energy intensive than creating new fiber from virgin materials. It also saves 71% in CO2 emissions. It’s all explained here. A more detailed life cycle analysis is available here in PDF form.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Patagonia Gets Closer to Realising Cradle to Cradle Philosophy
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk