A recent ClimateBiz article talks about the pressure that major institutional investors such as the CalPers pension fund are putting on insurance companies to disclose their financial risk to climate change. With an ever increasing climactic risk, insurance companies stand on shaky ground, and investors need to know exactly how shaky it is – especially long term investors with a vested interest that goes beyond the next quarter. The added benefits to the rest of us are that pressure on insurance companies translates to pressure on the clients of those companies to take a proactive stance on climactic issues.
« Back to Home Page
Institutional Investors Taking Climate Change Seriously
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Doherty John on Insurance Rates up 50% for Oil Companies – Thanks BP!
- Scott Wiederoder on 3p Weekend: 11 Companies That Hire the Formerly Incarcerated
- Tim Gieseke on Financing Conservation Through Payment for Ecosystem Services (PES)
- Katherine Collins on Biomimicry Lessons for Business
- Shivangi sharma on Rural Indian Artisans Capitalize on E-Commerce to Boost Sales
- Offshore Wind Farm
- SCS Global Services Releases Updated Recycled Content Certification Standard
- Live Twitter Chat: Kimberly-Clark Marks Fifth Anniversary Of Forest Conservation w/Greenpeace
- 20 Ventures Named to Accelerator Phase of Big C Competition to Change the Way the World Lives with Cancer
- Oscar Nominees, Halo and Freekibble.com Feed Los Angeles Pets in Need
- Launch of New Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at Caesars Resorts Revs Up Sustainable Experience for Guests