A recent ClimateBiz article talks about the pressure that major institutional investors such as the CalPers pension fund are putting on insurance companies to disclose their financial risk to climate change. With an ever increasing climactic risk, insurance companies stand on shaky ground, and investors need to know exactly how shaky it is – especially long term investors with a vested interest that goes beyond the next quarter. The added benefits to the rest of us are that pressure on insurance companies translates to pressure on the clients of those companies to take a proactive stance on climactic issues.
Institutional Investors Taking Climate Change Seriously
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Jan 6
Twitter Chat: CSR Trends in 2015 w/ PwC & Campbell’s
Join TriplePundit, PwC, PwC Foundation and Campbell Soup Company on Tuesday, January 6th at 9am PST for a special Twitter Chat about sustainability and CSR trends for 2015. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Join Triple Pundit, PwC, PwC Charitable Foundation, Inc. and Campbell Soup Company for a special Twitter Chat about sustainability and CR trends for 2015
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service