Can climate neutrality and the NFL go hand in hand? LOHAS directory reports that it is indeed possible! Last week’s game in St. Louis between the Rams and the Philadelphia Eagles generated an estimated 58 tons of carbon emissions – mostly to heat the domed stadium. An organization called StopGlobalWarming.org has arranged the purchase of an equivalent amount of energy from wind and methane to offset the game’s climate footprint. However, that amounts to only a tiny fraction of the more than 10,000 tons of CO2 generated by fans driving and flying to the game. The organization hopes that by publicizing their efforts, fans will take notice.
Rams, Eagles Play “Climate Neutral” NFL Game
- Nick Aster
Online: Sep 18
Symantec: Bridging the Workforce and Diversity Gaps
Join Symantec, Susan McPherson and the Shared Value Initiative as we discuss diversity as a business imperative as well as ways to bridge the gaps that are holding diversity back in certain sectors Register here.
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Sustainable Palm Oil Sales Surge as Demand Meets Supply on
- The Problems and Solutions to Safe Water in Africa on
- Labor and Environment Issues Plague Apple for Third Year on
- Fear-Based Marketing Has No Place in the Mainstream Climate Change Debate on
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with MJ Freeway on Medical Marijuana Traceability on
- Solution Generation Brings Climate Change Leadership to Campuses and Communities Nationwide
- 80 Businesses Honored as ‘Best for Workers’, Creating Higher Quality Jobs That Serve a Higher Purpose
- How to create a sustainable office
- SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- What I Learned at CSRwire.com
- First Ever Summit on LGBTQ Sustainability