Green Biz’s Gil Friend has a great primer called “The Nuts and Bolts of Carbon Trading” which is worth having a look at. It lays out the concepts and systems behind emissions trading, and offers some examples and critiques on the current schemes. Also pointed out is thie great Wikipedia entry – which states “Emissions trading is an administrative approach used to reduce the cost of pollution control by providing economic incentives for achieving emissions reductions.” Read on.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Carbon Trading 101
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors