Green Biz’s Gil Friend has a great primer called “The Nuts and Bolts of Carbon Trading” which is worth having a look at. It lays out the concepts and systems behind emissions trading, and offers some examples and critiques on the current schemes. Also pointed out is thie great Wikipedia entry – which states “Emissions trading is an administrative approach used to reduce the cost of pollution control by providing economic incentives for achieving emissions reductions.” Read on.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Carbon Trading 101
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials