According to a study reported by LOHAS journal, running the air conditioning at low setting in the morning, then turning up the thermostat in the afternoon can result in a 30% better efficiency, and still not compromise comfort because the actual mass of the building has been cooled and will stay that way for quite some time, even at the higher thermostat setting. The method would also take pressure off peak energy demand periods which typicall occur in the afternoons.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
“Precooling” Small Buildings May Save Energy and Money
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors