With the president himself admiting that US is “addicted to oil” (albeit foreign oil only) I think we’re getting fantastically close to a larger scale “tipping point” wherein the nation’s (I’m being US -specific here) consciousness finally starts to tip on a larger scale towards more sustainable behavior. In the case of the president, I think he sees the move as pertaining more to national military and economic security than anything else, which is certainly true, and fine with me. If that’s the way “getting off oil” starts, then so be it. As renewables and efficiency start to prove themselves, and as people are reminded that better health and a better environment are the additional bonuses, then I think real, exciting, and positive change is around the corner. I just wish he’d say “oil” generically, and not just “foreign oil”.. but this is a huge start!
« Back to Home Page
Are We Nearing the Tipping Point?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- How to Keep Your Company Secure Online and Offline
- SharingValueAsia: The Era of Empowerment on Thursday, October 9, 2014
- Presidio Graduate School Launches The Business of Sports & Sustainability
- SCS Global Services Releases Updated Recycled Content Certification Standard
- Offshore Wind Farm
- Live Twitter Chat: Kimberly-Clark Marks Fifth Anniversary Of Forest Conservation w/Greenpeace