With the president himself admiting that US is “addicted to oil” (albeit foreign oil only) I think we’re getting fantastically close to a larger scale “tipping point” wherein the nation’s (I’m being US -specific here) consciousness finally starts to tip on a larger scale towards more sustainable behavior. In the case of the president, I think he sees the move as pertaining more to national military and economic security than anything else, which is certainly true, and fine with me. If that’s the way “getting off oil” starts, then so be it. As renewables and efficiency start to prove themselves, and as people are reminded that better health and a better environment are the additional bonuses, then I think real, exciting, and positive change is around the corner. I just wish he’d say “oil” generically, and not just “foreign oil”.. but this is a huge start!
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Are We Nearing the Tipping Point?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership
- Green Electronics Council Catalyst Awards: Now Accepting Nominations
- Definitive Directory for Social Investment – InvestWithValues.com
- New “Social Good Guides” Help Entrepreneurs Make the World a Better Place
- Certified BCorp Authors Guide for Startup Changemakers