Everyone knows that compact florescent bulbs and LEDs are far more efficient than the standard lightbulb. This interesting BBC piece suggests that incandescent bulbs are so inefficient that if they were introduced today “it is highly unlikely they would be allowed onto the market.” It goes so far as to (only partly in jest) suggest that the old style bulbs be banned. With lighting using up 5-10% of the world’s energy, and plenty of subsidies available, it’s not such a crazy idea!
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Ban the Lightbulb? It Could Save Billions.
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership
- Green Electronics Council Catalyst Awards: Now Accepting Nominations
- Definitive Directory for Social Investment – InvestWithValues.com
- New “Social Good Guides” Help Entrepreneurs Make the World a Better Place