Need a small loan? There’s an interesting business that just cropped up called “Prosper” which proposes to allow the general public to deposit money in an account and then make it available for small loans… sort of like a bank, but with a lot more input from the people who’ve deposited the funds. The whole thing functions sort of like eBay, but people can band together in groups, and can also offer only partial funding for a loan if they don’t feel like funding the whole amount. Potentially, this kind of operation could result in lower interest loans for people in need, provided they can present their idea effectively to the lending-side of the Prosper communitey. Pretty cool! www.prosper.com
Prosper – A Microlending Model for Everyone?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- olivia on Whole Foods’ Sale of Rabbit Meat Is a Big Pet Peeve to Some
- Bunnymum on Whole Foods’ Sale of Rabbit Meat Is a Big Pet Peeve to Some
- Ryan Honeyman on What’s the Difference Between Certified B Corps and Benefit Corps?
- Kori on Plastics Recycling: You’re Doing it Wrong. And So is Everybody Else!
- Nick Aster on Whole Foods’ Sale of Rabbit Meat Is a Big Pet Peeve to Some
- SXSW Eco Announces Finalists for Startup Showcase and Place by Design Competitions
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think