Need a small loan? There’s an interesting business that just cropped up called “Prosper” which proposes to allow the general public to deposit money in an account and then make it available for small loans… sort of like a bank, but with a lot more input from the people who’ve deposited the funds. The whole thing functions sort of like eBay, but people can band together in groups, and can also offer only partial funding for a loan if they don’t feel like funding the whole amount. Potentially, this kind of operation could result in lower interest loans for people in need, provided they can present their idea effectively to the lending-side of the Prosper communitey. Pretty cool! www.prosper.com
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Prosper – A Microlending Model for Everyone?
Where we’re going
- Travis Noland
Boston: Nov 17 – Nov 21
Boston College for Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy
Join this intensive 5-month program that blends on-campus instructor-led classes and off-campus, facilitated distance learning. Register here.
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk
- Solving the eco-crisis – the power of the individual
- Who Needs to Stand up and Take Responsibility for Our Air?