Recycle Bank is one of the coolest business ideas I’ve seen in a while. I was tipped off by this recent New York Times article about it. Basically, it’s a system wherein your recyling bin gets weighed, and you recive a coupon that’s redeemable at various stores for purchases. The arrangement is described in the article, and works so well that in the frst pilot neighborhood, participation stands at 90%, and the city (Philadelphia) is saving money on waste costs – all while the two entrepreneurs running Recycle Bank build a successful business.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Recycle Bank Gives New Incentives for Consumers to Recycle
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Sustainable Brands Announces ‘How Now’ Theme for SB’15 San Diego Conference, June 1-4, 2015
- Gelfand Partners Architects – A Woman-Owned, Full Service Design Firm
- Access Early Bird Discounts for the International Women’s Day 2015 Forum!
- Motoring Advice: Saving Money and the Environment When Buying a Car
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model
- Wellness Travel: Meeting Consumer Demand & Serving Public Good