Coming from an oil company, tough talk on climate change is sometimes hard to believe. But Shell should still be applauded for at least giving lip service to promoting the idea of tighter emissions controls. (WBCSD a few days ago) Since a ravaged climate has an obviously negative effect on almost any business, it’s clearly in Shell’s interest to do something to prevent that. They’re not going to move into renewables overnight, so why not promote efficiency and emissions reduction technology in automobiles? It makes perfect business sense for Shell – they can go on selling gasoline for the near future – and the rest of us benefit from the emissions reduction in the meantime (hopefully).
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Shell – Promiting Action on Climate Change Good For Business?
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk