Coming from an oil company, tough talk on climate change is sometimes hard to believe. But Shell should still be applauded for at least giving lip service to promoting the idea of tighter emissions controls. (WBCSD a few days ago) Since a ravaged climate has an obviously negative effect on almost any business, it’s clearly in Shell’s interest to do something to prevent that. They’re not going to move into renewables overnight, so why not promote efficiency and emissions reduction technology in automobiles? It makes perfect business sense for Shell – they can go on selling gasoline for the near future – and the rest of us benefit from the emissions reduction in the meantime (hopefully).
« Back to Home Page
Shell – Promiting Action on Climate Change Good For Business?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- How to Keep Your Company Secure Online and Offline
- SharingValueAsia: The Era of Empowerment on Thursday, October 9, 2014
- Presidio Graduate School Launches The Business of Sports & Sustainability
- SCS Global Services Releases Updated Recycled Content Certification Standard
- Offshore Wind Farm
- Live Twitter Chat: Kimberly-Clark Marks Fifth Anniversary Of Forest Conservation w/Greenpeace