Joining the ranks of states like California, the Wisconsin senate has overwhelmingly passed a bill that requires 10% of electricity generated in the state to come from renewable sources by 2015. [article here] The bill, if passed by the state assembly, would generate billions in (mostly) wind-power projects for the local economy as well as take preasure off existing fossil fuel based generators. It’s especially refreshing to see this kind of leadership coming to fruition in the nation’s heartland – and also that it’s been an enthusiastic, bi-partisan effort.
Wisconsin Proposing 10% Renewable Electricity Requirement
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Travis Noland
Los Angeles: Mar 23 – Mar 25
International Corporate Citizenship Conference 2014
Join 650 corporate managers in an environment where practitioners exchange ideas, experiences, and challenges with a knowledgeable and committed network of corporate citizenship peers. Register here.
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Mar 12
Online Chat: Neil Hawkins; Vice President, Sustainability, The Dow Chemical Company
What are ecosystem services? Ever thought about putting a price on nature? Learn about The Dow Chemical Company's work with The Nature Conservancy and some of the ways the company is working with nature to improve otherwise expensive and possibly toxic processes like water treatment. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 16
Online Chat: Justin Bakule; Executive Director, Shared Value Initiative
Learn how the SVI works with corporate, civil society, government and academic stakeholders to influence the development of shared value research. Register here.
- RPSiegel on ConEd’s Energy Storage Program Will Allow Renewables to Offset Nuclear
- Morgan Matthews on Dating Profile Pics Showing Your Humanitarian Work: Hot or Not?
- EnergySage on 3p Weekend: 8 Clean Tech Trends to Watch in 2014
- NiCuCo on New Commercial Refrigeration Standards to Save Billions in Energy Bills
- plasmataco on Nuclear Energy: Pros and Cons
- Changing Lives Through Coffee: Now Crowdfunding!
- ISOS Group to Help Launch CDP Training Efforts in the US
- The Energy Efficient Home Owner: Consuming Eco-Friendly Resources
- 3 Reasons Why A Green Remodeling Franchise Can Be A Good Investment
- New Partnership Addresses Climate Risk in Supply Chain
- Consumer Portfolio Services Helps Put People in Hybrids