It seems perfectly obvious that any old shredder could be placed atop the recycling bin, but evidently, if you want super top-secret shredding, the paper fibers are typicially damaged beyond the point of being easily recycled. So… according to my favorite Japanese news source (Japan for Sustainablity) Fuji Xerox had solved the problem with something called the Trust-Eco 1500 which not only shreds paper beyond recognition at an astonishing rate, it’s also low on power consumption, and the fibers remain inintact enough to be recycled. Interesting!
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Fuju Xerox Introducing Paper Shredder with Recycling
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials