This is basically a novelty, but it’s also an amusing exercise in perspective. If you happen to use Firefox (which you should) and you’re comfortable installing Firefox extensions, then check out “Oil Standard“. It’s a plugin that will convert dollars to oil any time you browse a web page that has a price displayed somewhere on it. Not only that, but when you mouseover a price, you get a little news headline that’s got some relevance to the the oil industry, peak oil, etc…
Imagine Everything Priced as its Oil Barrel Equivalent
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Christine McCoy on Plastics Recycling: You’re Doing it Wrong. And So is Everybody Else!
- Gina-Marie Cheeseman on The 2015 European Games in Azerbaijan: Human Rights Violations Already
- Travis Hellstrom on What’s the Difference Between Certified B Corps and Benefit Corps?
- Mark Phillips on What’s the Difference Between Certified B Corps and Benefit Corps?
- Ryan Honeyman on What’s the Difference Between Certified B Corps and Benefit Corps?
- SXSW Eco Announces Finalists for Startup Showcase and Place by Design Competitions
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think