One of my favorite topics is the developing world’s energy needs. If developing nations take the same path toward energy production that we’ve chosen, the whole planet is likely doomed. So, finding a fair solution that makes everyone happy is one of our most pertinent challenges. According to this WBCSD piece, it’s quite possible to meet the developing world’s needs without increasing carbon emissions, but that article doesn’t talk a lot about how to go about doing it. In my opinion, it’s most definitely in the best interest of weatlhy nations to make investments in renewable energy infrasctucture everywhere, not just at home. That’s one way to get going.
« Back to Home Page
Meeting the Developing World’s Energy Needs Sustainably
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think
- What does Local Sourcing mean to HEINEKEN?