With bike to work day coming up, this article in GreenBiz is all the more pertinent. There’s an EPA program called the “best workplaces for commuters” which outlines a host of ways in which companies can make commuting easier and more flexible on their workforce, from telecommuting a few days a month, to flexible hours, to bike parking and shower rooms at the office. There are a ton of different ways to make commuting easier and healthier, but the bottom line is that by offering alternatives to being stuck in traffic, companies wind up with happier, more productive employees – and the stronger financial performance that comes with it.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Commuter Options Increase Productivity, Help Environment
Where we’re going
- Travis Noland
Boston: Nov 17 – Nov 21
Boston College for Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy
Join this intensive 5-month program that blends on-campus instructor-led classes and off-campus, facilitated distance learning. Register here.
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk
- Solving the eco-crisis – the power of the individual
- Who Needs to Stand up and Take Responsibility for Our Air?
- New Magazine Aims to Advance Use of Natural Refrigerants in North America