With bike to work day coming up, this article in GreenBiz is all the more pertinent. There’s an EPA program called the “best workplaces for commuters” which outlines a host of ways in which companies can make commuting easier and more flexible on their workforce, from telecommuting a few days a month, to flexible hours, to bike parking and shower rooms at the office. There are a ton of different ways to make commuting easier and healthier, but the bottom line is that by offering alternatives to being stuck in traffic, companies wind up with happier, more productive employees – and the stronger financial performance that comes with it.
Commuter Options Increase Productivity, Help Environment
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Bard Graduate Programs in Sustainability Support the People’s Climate March in NYC!
- Twitter Chat on Millennials and Social Entrepreneurship: Making an Impact at Work
- Reignite Your Community Program
- The Power of Benchmarking
- How do we create a better future together? Triple Pundit and HP to Host Twitter chat LIVE from SXSW Eco
- Masdar Invests in £1.5bn Offshore Wind Farm; Expands its Presence in the UK Wind Energy Market