Accordng to the Seattle Times, the trans fat content of McDonald’s food varies significantly according to the country it’s being served in. This is slighly surprising given the uniformity that McDonalds and other fast food franchises are known for. Acording to a study a large fries and chicken nuggets combo in the US has more than 3 times the trans-fat as the same product in many European countries. The cost difference dosn’t seem to be significant and McDonald’s claims the differences are caused by “taste differences” among populations. This is weird since I’ve never noticed a difference among any of the many international McDonald’s I’ve sampled (in earlier days). So what’s going on? Is this a supply chain problem? Or someone being lazy?
Fast Food Trans-Fat Content Varies by Location
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Ryan Honeyman on What’s the Difference Between Certified B Corps and Benefit Corps?
- Rick on Adapt to Crowd-Sourcing or Risk Losing Relevancy
- Sarah Lozanova on The Importance of Gender Diversity in the Solar Technology Workforce
- Billie S Thompson on Whole Foods’ Sale of Rabbit Meat Is a Big Pet Peeve to Some
- Josephine Yrion on Whole Foods’ Sale of Rabbit Meat Is a Big Pet Peeve to Some
- SXSW Eco Announces Finalists for Startup Showcase and Place by Design Competitions
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think