Al Gore’s New Film, An Inconvenient Truth, Comes out in NY and LA this week, and elsewhere the following week. If you’ve ever seen his slide show, then you’ve basically seen the film, but it’s still worth checking out to reinforce the sense of urgency with which we really need to address our environmental problems – not just those concerning CO2 emissions. You can read my review on TreeHugger, as well as check out the current list of opening days around the US and Canada. Click here to see the list and review.
Put “An Inconvenient Truth” On Your Calendar
- Nick Aster
Online: Sep 18
Symantec: Bridging the Workforce and Diversity Gaps
Join Symantec, Susan McPherson and the Shared Value Initiative as we discuss diversity as a business imperative as well as ways to bridge the gaps that are holding diversity back in certain sectors Register here.
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- ‘Big Six’ Development Banks Reaffirm Climate Commitments on
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with MJ Freeway on Medical Marijuana Traceability on
- Shining Hot to Get It Cold: Unilever Tests Solar-Powered Freezers on
- Labor and Environment Issues Plague Apple for Third Year on
- Sustainable Palm Oil Sales Surge as Demand Meets Supply on
- Why I’m Joining the People’s Climate March
- Solution Generation Brings Climate Change Leadership to Campuses and Communities Nationwide
- 80 Businesses Honored as ‘Best for Workers’, Creating Higher Quality Jobs That Serve a Higher Purpose
- How to create a sustainable office
- SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- What I Learned at CSRwire.com