A moratorium on new wind energy farms in the midwest has been imposed by the FAA and the Military who say that more studies need to be made to be certain that the towers don’t interfere with radar. This seems like a reasonable concern, but there is fear that a delay will cause great damage to the emerging wind industry. Will this be a quick study with a conclusive decision? Or will it drag on indefinitely to the detriment of the industry, consumers, and the environment? And what if if the turbines really do play havoc with radar? More here.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Wind Farm Moratorium Affecting Midwest, But Why?
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials