Hitachi has a bold goal to be “emissions neutral” by 2015. The so-called “Environmental Vision 2015″ plan aims to reduce CO2 emissions from both production and product use to a level that can be easily offset. The plan also calls for a higher level of recycling in general, and a corporate community “in harmony” with nature. I’m not sure what the “harmony” part really means, but a little lip service is generally good if it’s at least backed up by a plan as good as the one they seem to be implementing. Article here.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Could Hitachi Go Emissions Neutral by 2015?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership
- Green Electronics Council Catalyst Awards: Now Accepting Nominations
- Definitive Directory for Social Investment – InvestWithValues.com
- New “Social Good Guides” Help Entrepreneurs Make the World a Better Place
- Certified BCorp Authors Guide for Startup Changemakers
- Benchmark Your Sustainability Performance on New Enablon Wizness Publisher