Hitachi has a bold goal to be “emissions neutral” by 2015. The so-called “Environmental Vision 2015″ plan aims to reduce CO2 emissions from both production and product use to a level that can be easily offset. The plan also calls for a higher level of recycling in general, and a corporate community “in harmony” with nature. I’m not sure what the “harmony” part really means, but a little lip service is generally good if it’s at least backed up by a plan as good as the one they seem to be implementing. Article here.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Could Hitachi Go Emissions Neutral by 2015?
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk