Hitachi has a bold goal to be “emissions neutral” by 2015. The so-called “Environmental Vision 2015″ plan aims to reduce CO2 emissions from both production and product use to a level that can be easily offset. The plan also calls for a higher level of recycling in general, and a corporate community “in harmony” with nature. I’m not sure what the “harmony” part really means, but a little lip service is generally good if it’s at least backed up by a plan as good as the one they seem to be implementing. Article here.
Could Hitachi Go Emissions Neutral by 2015?
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Jan 6
Twitter Chat: CSR Trends in 2015 w/ PwC & Campbell’s
Join TriplePundit, PwC, PwC Foundation and Campbell Soup Company on Tuesday, January 6th at 9am PST for a special Twitter Chat about sustainability and CSR trends for 2015. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Join Triple Pundit, PwC, PwC Charitable Foundation, Inc. and Campbell Soup Company for a special Twitter Chat about sustainability and CR trends for 2015
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service