Here’s another nice artice that hits home with the message that environmentally proactive policy on the part of business is indeed profitable, more so than doing nothing. Madison Magazine profiles three local companies (a printer, a cleaner, and an electeonics disposal company) and the ways that they have become more environmentally responsible. Mostly, the companies are reducing harmful chemical use, energy use, and following the principals laid down in The Natural Step. The net effect? More customers, good press, higher sales, and more satisfied owners!
Green Businesses in Madison Prove Enviro Responsibility is Profitable
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Cities Reframe Climate Conversation to Focus on ‘Resiliency’ on
- 3p Weekend: 7 Things You Need to Know About the People’s Climate March on
- New Trend: Climate Optimists Say Climate Change Won’t Be So Bad on
- Behind the People’s Climate March: An Interview with 350.org on
- Fear-Based Marketing Has No Place in the Mainstream Climate Change Debate on
- Why I’m Joining the People’s Climate March
- Solution Generation Brings Climate Change Leadership to Campuses and Communities Nationwide
- 80 Businesses Honored as ‘Best for Workers’, Creating Higher Quality Jobs That Serve a Higher Purpose
- How to create a sustainable office
- SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- What I Learned at CSRwire.com