I just stumbled upon a rather fascinating take on economics – an article entitled “The Carbohydrate Economy” – the premise being that plants (carbohydrates) once provided the principal basis for the economy as raw materials & fuels. Over the last century fossil fuels and mineral based materials have come to almost shut out this “bio based” economy. But, things seem to be swinging back the other way – with all sorts of consequences good and bad, easy and challenging. Check out the article for more.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
The Carbohydrate Economy?
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials