The annual west coast celebration of counter cultural creative exuberance known as Burning Man will enjoy carbon offsets this year courtesy of a project known as, you guessed it, Cooling Man. The event features 30,000 (give or take) participants who gather in the Nevada desert in what is meant to be a “leave no trace” event. For the most part, the event is astonishingly smoothly run in terms of cleaning up after itself and embracing a positively environmental philosophy (despite the torching of many a large piece of art). Nonetheless, the folks at the Cooling Man project have created an online tool at www.coolingman.org that will help festival goers estimate the pollution footprint that their participation generates – and offers various options to help offset it.
Burning Man to Cool Off With Cooling Man
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Travis Noland
London: May 20 – May 22
2014 Global Sustainability Standards Conference
Listen to progressive companies and governments and leaders from Fairtrade, Forest Stewardship Council, Marine Stewardship Council, Rainforest Alliance, and other influential certifications discuss what brings the whole standards movement together: Trust. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 30
Online Chat: Brad Molotsky; EVP, Brandywine Realty Trust
Chat about the growing sustainable real estate trend; learn how Brandywine Realty Trust is leading the way. Register here.
- Lance Sjogren on Transmission for Renewables: Cheaper and Greener Than Natural Gas Pipelines
- Lance Sjogren on Stopping Keystone XL: The Message is Getting Through
- John Wondra on Stopping Keystone XL: The Message is Getting Through
- debbi parsons on FuelMeister II: Personal Biodiesel Processor
- j011254 on Stopping Keystone XL: The Message is Getting Through
- Eco-Friendly Products to Celebrate Earth Day in Style
- LIVE FEED: Global Philanthropy Forum Day 1
- Sustainable Brands® Announces Full Program Details for Global Brand Innovation Conference
- Treeson Spring Water: A step in solving the bottled water problem
- Twitter Chat: What does it mean to Brew a Better Future?
- UC Riverside Students Experience Power of New Outdoor Solar Charging Stations