IPS News reports, via WBCSD, on ways that Norway manages to distributed its oil wealth that are now being passed on to other oil-rich states with legacies of corruption and injustice. But it’s not as simple as simply bestowing money on governmental agencies that supposedly invest it for the good of a country’s people – generations of corruption need to be overcome, and it will be interesting to see how well Norway’s aid works in that regard.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Norway Helping Other Oil-Rich Nations Overcome Corruption
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials