At some point I’ll probably stop reporting about these sorts of announcements, which will probably be a good sign that “going green” has become so commonplace it’s no longer newsworthy. Nontheless, Vail Resorts announced they’ll be switching to 100% wind energy for all their ski areas and associated businesses. That’s not just in Colorado, the company also runs Heavenly at Lake Tahoe and a resort in Jackson Hole, WY. It’s also not a small deal – they’ll be the 2nd largest corporate buyer of wind power in the country after Whole Foods, and presumably someone who will make a statement about it. I’d like to see little signs on all the lift-poles between the ads for lip balm announcing the deal. Article here.
- Nick Aster
Online: Sep 18
Symantec: Bridging the Workforce and Diversity Gaps
Join Symantec, Susan McPherson and the Shared Value Initiative as we discuss diversity as a business imperative as well as ways to bridge the gaps that are holding diversity back in certain sectors Register here.
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with MJ Freeway on Medical Marijuana Traceability on
- Shining Hot to Get It Cold: Unilever Tests Solar-Powered Freezers on
- Labor and Environment Issues Plague Apple for Third Year on
- Sustainable Palm Oil Sales Surge as Demand Meets Supply on
- The Problems and Solutions to Safe Water in Africa on
- Solution Generation Brings Climate Change Leadership to Campuses and Communities Nationwide
- 80 Businesses Honored as ‘Best for Workers’, Creating Higher Quality Jobs That Serve a Higher Purpose
- How to create a sustainable office
- SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- What I Learned at CSRwire.com
- First Ever Summit on LGBTQ Sustainability