Say what you will about the problems of aircraft emissions, but I was very pleased to find an excellent article on urban forestry in this month’s Hemispheres Magazine on United Airlines. The article, entitled “Save the Shade” is one of the best “entry level” articles I’ve ever read on the subject of urban trees – running down 6 major benefits that many people on board the flight had probably not considered, from the economic to the psychological. It’s an article worth saving and passing around to people who might not already be the ‘greenest’ folks in your network, and also a great piece to keep on file for your own reference.
« Back to Home Page
United Airlines Promoting Green Cities
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- J_N_Lee on India Makes CSR A Requirement for Companies
- Ryan Honeyman on A Look at the History of the B Corp Movement
- Drew Meyers on A Look at the History of the B Corp Movement
- JoeFarmer on Whole Foods GMO Policy Could Hurt Artisan Food Makers
- Pamela Cargill on The Importance of Gender Diversity in the Solar Technology Workforce
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think
- What does Local Sourcing mean to HEINEKEN?