Emeryville, California, is a small enclave wedged between Oakland and Berkeley best known for its giant IKEA and even more giant freeway interchange. It’s also one of the more successful and impressive brownfield redevelopments around, with hundreds of forlorn acres having been turned into new offices, loft and retail – a lot of which is pretty strip mall-ish, but still an improvement. At any rate, Emeryville city hall is popping up an impressive solar array that will provide about 30% of its power. Not bad! If you’re in the neighborhood, there’s a dedication on Wednesday the 11th – Emeryville City Hall.
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Travis Noland
Los Angeles: Mar 23 – Mar 25
International Corporate Citizenship Conference 2014
Join 650 corporate managers in an environment where practitioners exchange ideas, experiences, and challenges with a knowledgeable and committed network of corporate citizenship peers. Register here.
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Mar 12
Online Chat: Neil Hawkins; Vice President, Sustainability, The Dow Chemical Company
What are ecosystem services? Ever thought about putting a price on nature? Learn about The Dow Chemical Company's work with The Nature Conservancy and some of the ways the company is working with nature to improve otherwise expensive and possibly toxic processes like water treatment. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 16
Online Chat: Justin Bakule; Executive Director, Shared Value Initiative
Learn how the SVI works with corporate, civil society, government and academic stakeholders to influence the development of shared value research. Register here.
- E. Sklavos on Living Wage Requirements and the Role of America’s Food Policy
- Lifecyclesllc on Bridgestone Arena and TerraCycle Recycle Cigarette Butts
- John Goodrige on Walmart’s Concept Hybrid Truck Would Make a More Efficient Fleet
- Bob on Wind Power: Pros and Cons
- Mickey McLaughlin on Under Tesla vs NYT Spat, EV Charging Network Takes Root
- Changing Lives Through Coffee: Now Crowdfunding!
- ISOS Group to Help Launch CDP Training Efforts in the US
- The Energy Efficient Home Owner: Consuming Eco-Friendly Resources
- 3 Reasons Why A Green Remodeling Franchise Can Be A Good Investment
- New Partnership Addresses Climate Risk in Supply Chain
- Consumer Portfolio Services Helps Put People in Hybrids