With everything you can “neutralize” in terms of carbon emissions, it was only a matter of time before someone figures out a way to deal with the carbon emissions associated with shipping goods to and fro. Carbon Fund teamed up with students at Carnegie Mellon to put together a sytem that lets catalog merchants and other mailorder businesses offset the CO2 emissions of their deliveries. Obviously it’s still better to buy local, but this sort of program certainly helps! Check it out.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Carbonfund Launches CarbonFree Shipping
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk