With everything you can “neutralize” in terms of carbon emissions, it was only a matter of time before someone figures out a way to deal with the carbon emissions associated with shipping goods to and fro. Carbon Fund teamed up with students at Carnegie Mellon to put together a sytem that lets catalog merchants and other mailorder businesses offset the CO2 emissions of their deliveries. Obviously it’s still better to buy local, but this sort of program certainly helps! Check it out.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Carbonfund Launches CarbonFree Shipping
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials