Sometimes it’s the little things that count. At Detroit Airport, and apparantly in San Jose as well, there is now a special lane for cars waiting to pick people up known as the “Cell Phone Lane”. The idea is that instead of circling endlessly in bumper to bumper traffic, you pull in to this special lane a fair distance from the terminal, and wait for a call. That’s smart and saves a fair amount of emissions and headaches alike. Ideally, they should put up a sign saying “if you’re here for more than 30 seconds you should turn of your motor alltogether”. No word on that. Via Gizmodo.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
How An Airport “Cell Phone Lane” is a Green Choice
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk