This may be old news, but it was recently brought to my attention and I thought I’d share it with you! Inc. Magazine has a pretty cool “Green Guide” called the Green 50 which showcases 50 companies in various stages of ecological consiousness. The list is even categorized into groups such as “the recyclers”, “the builders” and “the pioneers” to give some idea of the different approaches that are being tried in the process to “go green”. Each company has a little profile that’s worth perusing. Here’s one for our buddies at Seventh Generation.
On an unrelated note, if you’re in the US, get out and vote today! and vote green!
Inc. Mag Goes Green with the Green 50
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Travis Noland
Los Angeles: Mar 23 – Mar 25
International Corporate Citizenship Conference 2014
Join 650 corporate managers in an environment where practitioners exchange ideas, experiences, and challenges with a knowledgeable and committed network of corporate citizenship peers. Register here.
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Mar 12
Online Chat: Neil Hawkins; Vice President, Sustainability, The Dow Chemical Company
What are ecosystem services? Ever thought about putting a price on nature? Learn about The Dow Chemical Company's work with The Nature Conservancy and some of the ways the company is working with nature to improve otherwise expensive and possibly toxic processes like water treatment. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 16
Online Chat: Justin Bakule; Executive Director, Shared Value Initiative
Learn how the SVI works with corporate, civil society, government and academic stakeholders to influence the development of shared value research. Register here.
- Cochabamba Project on Australian Carbon Tax to Go – What Lessons Can Be Learned?
- encircled on Why Sustainable Fashion Has to Be About Individual Style
- Amanda Anonda on Nickelodeon Declares It Won’t Restrict Ads for Unhealthy Food
- Mariángeles Aguirre on Tweet Jam NOW: Sustainable Fashion
- Matt on New “EPA” Report Trashes LEED Standards… No, Really!
- TriplePundit Receives Official B Corporation Status
- Changing Lives Through Coffee: Now Crowdfunding!
- ISOS Group to Help Launch CDP Training Efforts in the US
- The Energy Efficient Home Owner: Consuming Eco-Friendly Resources
- 3 Reasons Why A Green Remodeling Franchise Can Be A Good Investment
- New Partnership Addresses Climate Risk in Supply Chain