If money can’t motivate the average person then I’m at a bit of a loss, but let it be at least some of the inspiration toward building a greener economy. TreeHugger mentioned a while ago that China’s richest person made her fortune by importing waste paper from the United States and recycling it. Now, Tom Friedman reports on the success of Shi Zhengrong’s Suntech Corporation. He’s China’s 7th richest person (who’s really counting at that point?) with an impressive billion dollar fortune. The source? Solar panels. I agree with Tom Friedman when we says that this is both a heartening sign for China’s future as well as a wake up call for the US energy sector.
Shi Zhengrong: More Proof of Riches in Green
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Marissa Rosen
San Francisco: Mar 16 – Mar 18
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – With Discount Code
Cleantech Forum SF is the world’s largest summit for those immersed in sustainability that drives innovation. 3p readers use CFSF153P for $300 discount. Register here.
- WEBINAR: Jaguar Land Rover, The Royal Bam Group & McCain Foods on Sustainable Innovation
- Oliver Russell Forms Social Impact Partnership with Treefort Music Fest
- Webinar: Best Practices in Obesity Prevention
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership