If money can’t motivate the average person then I’m at a bit of a loss, but let it be at least some of the inspiration toward building a greener economy. TreeHugger mentioned a while ago that China’s richest person made her fortune by importing waste paper from the United States and recycling it. Now, Tom Friedman reports on the success of Shi Zhengrong’s Suntech Corporation. He’s China’s 7th richest person (who’s really counting at that point?) with an impressive billion dollar fortune. The source? Solar panels. I agree with Tom Friedman when we says that this is both a heartening sign for China’s future as well as a wake up call for the US energy sector.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Shi Zhengrong: More Proof of Riches in Green
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Shower Bucket Challenge
- Sustainable Brands Announces ‘How Now’ Theme for SB’15 San Diego Conference, June 1-4, 2015
- Gelfand Partners Architects – A Woman-Owned, Full Service Design Firm
- Access Early Bird Discounts for the International Women’s Day 2015 Forum!
- Motoring Advice: Saving Money and the Environment When Buying a Car
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model