Joel Makower has an excellent post about a dream job with Wal Mart. The “Corporate Partnerships Project Manager – Wal-Mart” position is set to be filled soon by Environmental Defense, and requires moving to Bentonville, AR. It might take a rare breed of person to satisfy all the criteria needed to fill the position, and still be happy with small town American life. Or is it? Drop over to Joel’s site and apply if you think you’ve got what it takes.
What Would it Take to Move you to Bentonville?
- Nick Aster
Online: Sep 18
Symantec: Bridging the Workforce and Diversity Gaps
Join Symantec, Susan McPherson and the Shared Value Initiative as we discuss diversity as a business imperative as well as ways to bridge the gaps that are holding diversity back in certain sectors Register here.
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with Flip Labs on Seafood Traceability on
- Do You know How to Keep Your Employees Satisfied and Motivated? on
- Google, Ford Among Companies Accused of Climate Change Hypocrisy on
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with Source Intelligence on Mineral Traceability on
- 3p Traceability Week: Q&A with Indigenous on Fashion Traceability on
- SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- What I Learned at CSRwire.com
- First Ever Summit on LGBTQ Sustainability
- The best way to future-proof your business? Go green
- SXSW Eco Announces Finalists for Startup Showcase and Place by Design Competitions
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet