Ever wondered what the difference was between the myriad varieties of sunblock on the market? There’s more to it than simple SPF factors. More chemicals than you can shake a stick at, some unregulated, abound in the many brands and varieties. To make sense of it all you need a massive database and a lot of research. Fortunately, the folks over at Cosmetics Safety Database have not only done that work, but they’ve ranked them in terms of safety and effectiveness. The bottom line is that, according to their work, some sunblock may be worse for you than doing nothing at all, and a handful of brands truly live up to their claims while being non-toxic at the same time. Check it out.
« Back to Home Page
Summer Knowledge: What’s in That Sunscreen?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Tim Gieseke on Financing Conservation Through Payment for Ecosystem Services (PES)
- Katherine Collins on Biomimicry Lessons for Business from Amy Larkin and Katherine Collins
- Shivangi sharma on Rural Indian Artisans Capitalize on E-Commerce to Boost Sales
- firstname.lastname@example.org on 3p Weekend: 11 Companies That Hire the Formerly Incarcerated
- Ant Tonee on Eden Foods Endures Customer Backlash for Birth Control Stance
- Offshore Wind Farm
- SCS Global Services Releases Updated Recycled Content Certification Standard
- Live Twitter Chat: Kimberly-Clark Marks Fifth Anniversary Of Forest Conservation w/Greenpeace
- 20 Ventures Named to Accelerator Phase of Big C Competition to Change the Way the World Lives with Cancer
- Oscar Nominees, Halo and Freekibble.com Feed Los Angeles Pets in Need
- Launch of New Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at Caesars Resorts Revs Up Sustainable Experience for Guests