Ever wondered what the difference was between the myriad varieties of sunblock on the market? There’s more to it than simple SPF factors. More chemicals than you can shake a stick at, some unregulated, abound in the many brands and varieties. To make sense of it all you need a massive database and a lot of research. Fortunately, the folks over at Cosmetics Safety Database have not only done that work, but they’ve ranked them in terms of safety and effectiveness. The bottom line is that, according to their work, some sunblock may be worse for you than doing nothing at all, and a handful of brands truly live up to their claims while being non-toxic at the same time. Check it out.
Summer Knowledge: What’s in That Sunscreen?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Travis Noland
London: May 20 – May 22
2014 Global Sustainability Standards Conference
Listen to progressive companies and governments and leaders from Fairtrade, Forest Stewardship Council, Marine Stewardship Council, Rainforest Alliance, and other influential certifications discuss what brings the whole standards movement together: Trust. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 30
Online Chat: Brad Molotsky; EVP, Brandywine Realty Trust
Chat about the growing sustainable real estate trend; learn how Brandywine Realty Trust is leading the way. Register here.
- debbi parsons on FuelMeister II: Personal Biodiesel Processor
- j011254 on Stopping Keystone XL: The Message is Getting Through
- Dave Shires on The Link Between Walmart, Food Stamps and CSR
- SLDI on The Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the Planet
- Moreboomplease on Stopping Keystone XL: The Message is Getting Through
- Eco-Friendly Products to Celebrate Earth Day in Style
- LIVE FEED: Global Philanthropy Forum Day 1
- Sustainable Brands® Announces Full Program Details for Global Brand Innovation Conference
- Treeson Spring Water: A step in solving the bottled water problem
- Twitter Chat: What does it mean to Brew a Better Future?
- UC Riverside Students Experience Power of New Outdoor Solar Charging Stations