I always have to preface any Walmart post with my grain of salt, but when it comes to demonstrating the raw financial savings of better efficiency, they’ve constantly amazed and should serve as a common-sense model. Simply by increasing the fuel efficiency of their truck fleet from 6mpg to 7mpg (though a variety of means) the company will save at least $35 million. Those of us with wider concerns can do the math to see how many other benefits this has for society at large. (more on MSNBC)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Walmart: 1MPG Better Saves over $35 Million
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk